Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What should I do to make my lipstick last longer (may be for 6 hrs) ?

I'm a working woman and I feel awkard to apply lipstick now and then in my working place. So how should I make it last for a few hours ?What should I do to make my lipstick last longer (may be for 6 hrs) ?
If you'll do a little more prep work on the lips when you first apply it, it will help the color last quite a bit longer.





If your lips are dry and chapped, apply something like Keihl's lip balm (or whatever your prefer) and let it soak in while you're doing the rest of your make-up. When you're ready to apply color, blot off any excess moisturizer with a tissue. Line and fill your lips with a pencil that matches your lipstick. Blot on a tissue. Apply your lipstick with a lip brush. Matte colors will stay put far longer than creamy/moisturizing colors. Once you've applied your lipstick, separate a tissue and place a 1-ply tissue over your lips and gently powder. Remove tissue and reapply your lipstick with your lip brush and it should stay a good long time. Be aware that adding gloss on top of lipstick will make it wear away quickly so you might want to skip the gloss for lasting color.





You can also purchase a lipstick sealer that will help keep lipstick on though it's very drying and may sting a little - but no more than a lip plumper would.





Here's a link: http://www.makeupartistschoice.com/lipch鈥?/a>What should I do to make my lipstick last longer (may be for 6 hrs) ?
An excellent choice would be Maybelline Superstay Lipcolor. It's the best I've tried and they sometimes sell a 2-pack for $7 or $8.
use the long last lipstick..


also apply the 1st coat of lipstick n then apply powder n then the 2nd coat
Buy the longer lasting lipstick. There are brands and type on the market that really do last longer. They are more expensive but in the long run you get the same number of HOURS out of a tube.
dust lips with powder before applying lipstick
Use a long lasting good quality lipstick


Apply little talcom powder befor apllying lipstick
I put on Mary Kay Triple Action Lip Enhancer before I put on lipstick. It works really well and is really soft on the lips.


Looks like they don't sell it anymore, but you can get it on Ebay:


http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll鈥?/a>
I use the long lasting lipsticks. There are endless brands and shades now. You may also try applying face powder that you would wear over your foundation (from a compact or loose powder) It helps make the lipstick remain there for a long time.
The best thing to do is to layer. Start with applying a little foundation and powdering your lips. Then apply your liner. Apply the lipstick, a little more loose powder, then do another layer of lipstick and/or gloss. A slight brush of powder on top is the next step. Finally, press your lips together. I learned this from a makeup artist who works in theatre...it should last many hours.
My wife puts on cover up first, says it makes the lipstick last longer, but I am not sure, seems to work for her?
Use a brush to apply

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers