Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How long does a stored lipstick last?

I am fond of collecting make-up, but I seldom use it. Now I have a lot of lipsticks and other blushes.


However, I am not sure how long lipstick and other make-up can be stored before it is no longer useable. And how do I know if it is no longer useable?


I'm afraid I might irritate my skin if I use my make-up now. :(How long does a stored lipstick last?
if you want them to last long. i usually put my lipstick ect. in the refrigirator. it helps it last long.How long does a stored lipstick last?
Cream makeups like lipstick should generally be replaced every 6 months since they'll spoil, while powdered makeups can keep for much longer. Some lipsticks give off a bad smell when they spoil, but I'm not too sure about other products. I think the best method to use here would be to throw out any cream based makeups older than 6 months.
Lipsticks-Generally up to 2 years after first purchase


Powder-2 months


Concealer - up to 12 months


Liners-up to 2 years but must be sharpen regularly


Foundation-up to 12 months


Eyeshadow-up to 2 years


Mascara-Every 2-3 months


This is just a general idea if the makeup starts to smell or irritate the face then toss it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers