Friday, December 4, 2009

How do you apply matte lipstick correctly?

I recently bought myself a matte lipstick for the first time and even though it looks fine at first, my lips looks horrible at the end of the day because of constant re-applying. I've noticed when I re-apply mid-day, there are little lipstick clumps on my lips and I don't know how they got there in the first place!





Also, how do you apply on matte lipstick correctly without your lips looking dry? I use Vaseline as a base before applying the lipstick, but then the end result looks like I'm wearing lip gloss because it's all shiny - which defeats the purpose of the matte lipstick.How do you apply matte lipstick correctly?
Well matte lipsticks are very difficult just because they are so drying.





First things first: exfoliate your lips. This will remove any dead/dry skin. I like to use salt or sugar with a little olive oil or honey and a toothbrush. Just using the mixture to slough off the dead stuff.


Next you need to apply a chapstick (I personally love Nivea's). Vaseline will be too heavy, I think- which is why it's coming out glossy. Also apply your chapstick about ten minutes prior to your lipstick to let it sink in.


Then apply your lipstick.


Also, as you reapply throughout the day- apply your chapstick. That should help, as well.How do you apply matte lipstick correctly?
Instead of vaseline apply a rich lip balm such as carmex and let it sit for about five minutes before applying lipstick. Next, apply your lipstick using a lip brush and blot with a tissue. Holding a tissue over your lips dust the tissue with a translucent loose powder. This sounds wierd but it will keep your lipstick from flaking off. Then dab a second coat on smoothing it out with your finger.
Vaseline is terrible for your lips and skin. It just puts a barrier of oil over your skin and does not moisturize it at all. You should use a lip balm such as Softlips (cheep) or La Mer (expensive, but great). If you start with a better base, your lipstick won't clump. When you reapply, you should reapply your lip balm first before your lipstick. I hope I helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting providers